We Work with You to Identify Solutions
Ferrotec’s Ferrofluidic solutions are designed to provide consistent, reliable performance in the most demanding environments. However, with time and usage, even the best seal, rotary feedthrough or Ferrodrive has a finite life and will eventually fail. Most failed seals can be repaired and refurbished–Ferrotec’s Ferrofluidic seal design is extremely serviceable–so Ferrotec maintains an active service business, repairing feedthroughs from every manufacturer, from the smallest to the largest.
When Ferrotec repairs a seal, we carefully inspect the feedthrough and we work closely with you to understand your application and to determine the root cause of the failure. While the two most common reasons for a seal repair are bearing-related and fluid breakdowns, we can work with you to identify solutions to optimize your seal performance, reduce the frequency of seal repairs, and reduce your operational downtime.
What is Done When a Feedthrough is Repaired?
Repairs fall in to two categories, a standard repair that replaces all consumable parts and repairs requiring manufactured parts. In a standard repair our technicians will:
- Conduct an external examination then disassembly for thorough inspection.
- Evaluation any damage to parts, bearings or magnetic fluid
- Thoroughly clean of all parts
- Fit new bearings and O-rings
- Rebuild using state-of-the-art magnetic fluid
- Leak check, both statically and at running speed
- Fully run in the feedthrough
If, during the inspection we find that parts are required we provide:
- A detailed description of the work needed
- A list of recommended replacement parts
- A full cost disclosure
Feedthroughs should always be returned in a decontaminated condition and must be suitably packed for shipment.